April 03, 2007

Alanis, Fergie, or Jennifer Love Hewitt?

My supercool and awesome friend Gaby sent me this link to a crazy video on YouTube. You need to watch it now! And then tell me: Is Alanis making fun of herself or Fergie? I can't really tell. And, weirder still, I hope Alanis is making fun of herself because I'm feeling very protective of Fergie these days. Ever since I learned all of the words to "London Bridge" for a karaoke party a little while ago, I've had a soft spot for Fergie. I think it's her unabashed embrace of the nonsensical that has endeared her to me. (Or the fact that her case of swamp ass just might rival mine! I don't believe that "peed her pants" theory--also thanks to Gaby.) I do NOT like the Black Eyed Peas with Fergie, though. I don't know why. Well, I have an idea why, which has to do with a little song that some of us may know as "Let's Get It Started." But that was still Fergie. So, who knows how my mind works? Anyway . . .

Also on the topic of Fergie, I submit that she and Gwen Stefani are actually very similar. Some may say that Fergie is a bad imitation of Gwen, but I'm not sure that it's so one-way. Thoughts?

No comments: